Search This Blog

Friday 25 September 2009

Jamma El Fnaa - The Square of the Dead


There is no easy way to describe Marrakesch.. no exact sight, smell, sound. Kids have a better way of expressing themselves so I will divulge some comments the kids used as we walked through the souk in the Medina of Marrakech.

"Pooh what's that smell mummy"
"Watch out for the donkey and cart"
" Look mum a chameleon in a cage. Can I have one Pleeease"
"Ohhhh I can't breath, that horse wee stinks"
"Is that a goat's head? Is it still alive"
" Why does it stink here"
" Pleeeeaaaase can I buy a sword"
"Mmmmm it smells like honey. Can we buy some please"
"I'm tired. I'm too hot"
"Can we see the snake charmers again"
"Beep, Beep! Watch out for the motor bikes"
"Can I have more mint tea"





Posted by Picasa

No comments: